Thursday, July 19, 2012

Remembrances of Things Past - no date

Nothing echoes the reality of change better than returning to a familiar place. The buildings are there, the season may be the same, even some of the old people are there. But still, nothing is the same. That is why it is useless to live in the past. You can never regain what you have lost. Even so, memories are comforting and provide a pleasurable kind of pain. Occasional reminiscences provide depth, reference and fullness of inner personality. While it is useless to live in the past, a visit there now and then is important for a truly introspective individual. While I can begin to believe that I can never refind the past, I have my memories. And though gone forever, I can remember what I learned and the new paths former acquaintances set me upon will be explored in full.

No comments:

Post a Comment